- InstallODBC Action : The InstallODBC action installs the drivers, translators, and data sources in the ODBCDriver table, ODBCTranslator table, and ODBCDataSource table. If a driver or translator already exists, the InstallODBC action makes SQL calls necessary to carry out the installation.
- SetODBCFolders Action : The SetODBCFolders action checks for existing ODBC drivers on the system and sets the target directory of each new driver to the location of an existing driver.
- RemoveODBC Action : The RemoveODBC action removes the data sources, translators, and drivers listed for removal during the installation. This action queries the ODBCDataSource table, ODBCTranslator table, and ODBCDriver table for each data source, translator, or driver scheduled for removal.
- ODBCDriver Table : The ODBCDriver table lists the ODBC drivers belonging to the installation.
- ODBCTranslator Table : The ODBCTranslator table lists the ODBC translators belonging to the installation.
- ODBCAttribute Table : The ODBCAttribute table contains information about the attributes of Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) drivers and translators.
- ODBCDataSource Table : The ODBCDataSource table lists the data sources belonging to the installation.
- ODBCSourceAttribute Table : The ODBCSourceAttribute table contains information about the attributes of data sources.
Method 1: Editing ODBC registries
Capture all the registries changes made by the Source application if the ODBC connection is manually done. The ODBC registry settings hive is HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ODBC registry hive.There is small chance of some files getting captured, you should include any file if newly created or changed.
Method 2: Editing ODBC tables
Standard ODBC tables whic are discussed above can be used to make corresponding entr for ODBC data.